If you’re anything like me, you have an incredible connection with your dogs and cats. That's why your pet's end-of-life decision is so tough. We're here to help. The passing of your pet should be tender, thoughtful and done in the comfort of your own home. Dr. Sara Nadolski, DVM ("Dr. Sara") provides caring and comfortable in-home pet euthanasia, cremation and consulting services to pet lovers in Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Cameron Park, Shingle Springs, Rescue, Placerville, Camino, Pollock Pines, Diamond Springs, Coloma, Lotus and some extended areas. Call/text: 530-306-5823.
Please click on the Services tab (left side or three bars above) for more information and pricing.
Dr. Sara Nadolski ("Dr. Sara") has been a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) for over 30 years. She is a U.C. Davis graduate and U.C. Davis Fellow. Dr. Sara is also a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA). Her DVM/CVA combination provides her with unique insights into alternative care for older pets as well as assisting with their peaceful passing. Dr. Sara is licensed to practice in California, Oregon and Washington. Please click on the Services tab for more information.
Coronavirus Policy: Effective June 25, 2020 we are reopening on a limited basis to assist you during these difficult times.
1. All euthanasia services will only be performed outside the home (e.g. front/back porch, lawn, garden area, etc). Note: We will need a way around your home if performed in the backyard. Thank you!
2. We will only offer three (3) appointments per day (10am, 1pm and 4pm) to provide time in between appointments to sanitize our equipment for your protection, your family's protection and our protection.
3. All attendees must wear a mask. Smaller gathers (<5) are preferred.
4. Payment needs to be made in advance by phone using a valid credit card to avoid the passing of pens, credit cards or cash during the Covid-19 pandemic. Note: A 5% surcharge will be added to cover the cost of mobile credit card processing fees, medical-grade masks, gloves and sanitizing equipment. Sorry for this inconvenience...
5. Verbal (vs written) approval to proceed shall be provided by the owner to Dr. Sara to minimize the exchange of pens.
6. During the initial sedation shot only one family member may be next to the pet (i.e. feeding treats, petting, etc). Other family members may be present but need to remain at least 6 feet away from the pet and Dr. Sara.
7. After giving the initial sedation shot, Dr. Sara will move back and all family members may be with the pet.
8. After the pet is fully sedated (10-12 minutes) all family members must move back while Dr. Sara administers the euthanasia solution. Once administered, Dr. Sara will move back and all family members may be with the pet again.
THANK YOU for your cooperation. We're trying our best to keep everyone safe during these trying times!
BURIAL vs CREMATION
A. If you wish to bury you pet on your property and your CC&Rs (if any) allow, Dr. Sara and her staff will say their goodbyes and leave. Please bury your pet at least 4 feet deep and at least 200 feet from any ground water source, per County guidance.
B. If you wish to have your pet cremated via our professional crematorium (Koefan), we will need to place your pet into a cremation bag. Before doing so, we would advise that all family members return inside the house. We will gently place your pet into the cremation bag and take her/him with us. For private cremations, you will receive your pet's ashes back within 2-3 weeks via UPS, signature required, in a very nice cedar urn/chest. More via the Services tab.
Prior to Dr. Sara's arrival please ensure that your family members all have a mask, are healthy, and that the area selected is clean and open. We're trying our best to keep you, your family and our staff as safe as possible during these trying times. Thank you for your understanding.
Dr. Sara & Craig
* For a cat euthanasia please contact us directly to discuss prior to booking an appointment. An outside setting can be somewhat challenging for performing a cat euthanasia depending upon the cat (e.g. feral, flighty, etc).
Professional, personal, and private end-of-life care for your pets in your own home.
After enjoying a long and bountiful life... to help the passing of your pet be as peaceful as possible in the comfort of your own home. All pets are fully sedated prior to euthanasia to ensure their peaceful passing.
Cremation and Burial
To memorialize your pet on our Facebook page please click on the FB logo above.
To read/write a review on PWD please click on the Yelp logo (above).
Open 8am-5pm: Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, & Monday (Closed: Tues & Wed less emergencies, if available). Call: 530-306-5823
Phone consults at 8:15am and 9:00am. Limit of three euthanasia appointments per day at 10am, 1pm and 4pm.