Hours of Operation
Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon & Tues: 8am-4pm
REOPENING June 15, 2020. See below. Phone consults at 8:15am and 9:00am daily. Limit of three (3) in-home euthanasia appointments per day at 10am, 1pm and 4pm.
If you’re anything like me, you have an incredible connection with your dogs and cats. That's why your pet's end-of-life decision is so tough. We're here to help. The passing of your pet should be tender, thoughtful and done in the comfort of your own home. Dr. Sara Nadolski, DVM ("Dr. Sara") provides caring and comfortable in-home pet euthanasia, cremation and consulting services to pet lovers in Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Cameron Park, Shingle Springs, Rescue, Placerville, Camino, Pollock Pines, Diamond Springs, Coloma, Lotus and some extended areas. Call/text: 530-306-5823.
Please click on the Services tab (left side or three bars above) for more information and pricing.
After enjoying a long and bountiful life... to help the passing of your pet be as peaceful as possible in the comfort of your own home. All pets are fully sedated prior to euthanasia to ensure their peaceful passing.
To memorialize your pet on our Facebook page please click on the FB logo above.
Professional, personal, and private end-of-life care for your pets in your own home.
To read/write a review on PWD please click on the Yelp logo (above).
Dr. Sara Nadolski ("Dr. Sara") has been a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) for over 30 years. She is a U.C. Davis graduate and U.C. Davis Fellow. Dr. Sara is also a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA). Her DVM/CVA combination provides her with unique insights into alternative care for older pets as well as assisting with their peaceful passing. Dr. Sara is licensed to practice in California, Oregon and Washington. Please click on the Services tab for more information.
Cremation and Burial
Corona Virus Policy: Unfortunately, we've had to suspend all in-home euthanasia services due to a lack of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). We anticipate REOPENING on JUNE 15, 2020 on a limited basis (only for DOGS*) after receiving good news that medical-grade PPE (e.g. masks, gloves, etc) is on the way. Please see our reopening requirements below.
1. All euthanasia services will only be performed outside the home (e.g. front/back porch, lawn, garden area, etc). Note: We will need a way around your home (i.e. not through your home) if performed in the back yard/porch. Thank you!
2. We will only offer three (3) appointments per day (10am, 1pm and 4pm) to provide time in between appointments to sanitize our equipment for your protection, your family's protection and our protection.
3. All attendees must wear a mask, bandana, or the like. Smaller gathers (<5) are preferred.
4. Payment needs to be made in advance by phone using a valid credit card. A 10% PPE surcharge will be added to cover the extra costs of medical-grade masks, gloves, sanitizing and mobile credit card processing fees. Sorry for this inconvenience.
5. Verbal (vs written) approval to proceed shall be provided by the owner to Dr. Sara to minimize the exchange of pens.
6. During the initial sedation shot only one family member may be next to the pet (i.e. feeding treats, petting, etc). Other family members may be present but need to remain at least 10-12 feet away from the pet and Dr. Sara.
7. After giving the initial sedation shot, Dr. Sara will move back and all family members may be with the pet.
8. After the pet is fully sedated (10-12 minutes) all family members must move back while Dr. Sara administers the euthanasia solution. Once administered, Dr. Sara will move back and all family members may be with the pet again.
BURIAL vs CREMATION
A. If you wish to bury you pet on your property, Dr. Sara and her staff will say their goodbyes and leave. Please bury your pet at least 4 feet deep and at least 200 feet from any ground water source, per County guidance.
B. If you wish to have your pet cremated via our professional crematorium (Koefan), we will need to place your pet into a cremation bag. Before doing so, we would advise that all family members return inside the house. We will gently place your pet into the cremation bag and take her/him with us. For private cremations, you will receive your pet's ashes back with 2-3 weeks via UPS, signature required, in a very nice cedar urn/chest. More via the Services tab.
Prior to Dr. Sara's arrival please ensure that your family members all have a mask, are healthy, and that the area selected is clean and open. We're trying our best to keep you, your family and our staff as safe as possible during these trying times. Thank you for your understanding.
* Initially, we will only be offering euthanasia services for dogs. Unfortunately, an outside setting is not conducive for offering cat euthanasia services.