Note: If you have a cat or an aggressive, reactive or fractious dog, please click on the Services/Pricing tab (left side) and see Section C (bottom) before booking an Appointment. Thank you!
Over 100 Five Star Reviews
OPEN: 8am-5pm: Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon & Tues. Sunday / Holidays: emergencies only. Closed Wed & Thur (our weekend). Call/text: 530-306-5823 seven days a week, 24 hours a day, to leave a message. We will call you back during normal business hours.
------------ Booking/Cancellation/Change Policy ------------
* A $50 non-refundable reservation fee will be charged at the time of appointment booking. The remainder will be charged within 24 hours of your appointment. If you need to postpone/change your appointment, we will apply the $50 reservation fee to one future appointment booked and completed within 30 days of your original appointment provided you contact us at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment. Appointments cancelled, postponed or changed with less than 24 hours notice will forfeit the reservation fee and will be charged one-half of the remaining appointment fee. The full cremation fee (if any) will be refunded to you (usually) within 2-3 business days on your credit card.
If Dr Sara encounters a snow/ice/gravel/dirt/mud/rutted road without being advised to bring her 4WD vehicle, or if the road is impassable or requires snow chains, or if any of the attendee(s) are symptomatic or sick, or if the attendee(s) refuse to wear a medical-grade mask, or perform the euthanasia in an open air setting, or if the pet is reactive, fractious (i.e. growls or hisses) or is aggressive, she will return to her office (pre-euthanasia) and you will forfeit the reservation fee and 100% of the appointment fees. Please let us know in advance if any of the above apply as it's not worth risking your pet's peaceful passing, reservation and appointment fees, or anyone's health and safety. Thank you!
It's always best to contact Dr. Sara's office a few days in advance of your preferred appointment date/time. That reduces the amount of stress on you and your pet minimizing the need for an emergency visit.
Passing With Dignity
Dr. Sara Nadolski, DVM, CVA
Cell: 530-306-5823 (cell/text)
As with your doctor, medical-grade MASKS (e.g. N95, blue surgical, etc) are required to be worn by all parties when the euthanasia is performed inside the home (e.g. open entryway, open sunroom, open garage, etc). Note: You can take your mask(s) off in between the initial sedation and euthanasia shots. That will give you some special time to say your goodbyes and love on your pet without being masked. Masks are not required (optional) if the euthanasia is performed outside the home (e.g. front/back yard, patio, gazebo, etc).
Note: If you do not have medical-grade masks available, we can provide them to you "if" we know in advance how many you need. Just let us know :-)
To schedule your pet's peaceful passing, or a phone or at home consult, or to request Dr. Sara's free "Euthanasia, when will I know it is time?" article, you may either text or call Dr. Sara at 530-306-5823 with the information listed below (text preferred). We will get back to you in between our regularly scheduled appointments to provide you with our available dates/times. For article requests, please provide Dr. Sara with your email address. Thank you!
To request an appointment please text/call (text preferred) 530-306-5823 with the following information:
1. Is this an EMERGENCY for TODAY or
requested for the next FEW DAYS;
2. REASON for appointment (e.g. at home
euthanasia, quality of life consult, cat
or fractious pet initial consult, etc);
3. Your NAME and ADDRESS;
4. Your pet's NAME and AGE;
5. Your pet's SPECIES (dog or cat);
6. Your pet's GENDER and WEIGHT;
7. Your pet's BREED and COLOR;
8. INDOOR or OUTDOOR pet;
9. Your pet's HEALTH issues (briefly);
10. Your pet's FRIENDLINESS at the vet
(friendly, timid, growls, nervous, etc);
11. HOME BURIAL, PRIVATE or
COMMUNAL cremation (see
the Services/Pricing tab, Section B);
12. Any SPECIAL requests (e.g. paw print, engraving, etc),
13. Your preferred OPEN AIR setting where the euthanasia can be performed safely and peacefully. OUTSIDE (e.g. front/back yard, patio, porch, etc) or INSIDE (e.g. open entryway, open sunroom, open garage, etc)? Note: Outside setting - no masks required. Inside setting - masks required (see Sidebar --->);
14. Do you live on a PAVED road or a GRAVEL/DIRT road? Is SNOW/ICE or MUD present? This determines which vehicle Dr Sara will bring (2WD or 4WD).
Once we receive your appointment request (above), we will get back to you with our available dates/times within your requested timeframe. To book your preferred appointment, we will need:
A. Your CREDIT CARD information (card #, exp date, csc #, & zipcode).
All appointments are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please text or call 530-306-5823 with the information requested above (text preferred). We will do our best to make your pet's passing as peaceful and loving as possible.
For more information on our booking, cancellation, and change policy, please see below.