Thank you for considering Passing With Dignity to assist you and your pet during these difficult times. Dr. Sara Nadolski, DVM ("Dr. Sara") offers Phone Consultation services, In-Home Euthanasia services and post-euthanasia Burial & Cremation services. Please see the three sections below for more information. Note: To request Dr. Sara's free "Euthanasia, when will I know it is time?" article, please click on the Contact Us button (left side). We will email it to you with the hope that it helps you during these emotional times.
Post-euthanasia burial and cremation services are (also) something that Dr. Sara can assist you with during these difficult times. It is important to consider "in advance" how you would like to take care of your pet’s remains. There are generally three options:
1. Self-burial: You may bury your pet on your own property in accordance with your local county and/or city codes. Please keep in mind most CC&R’s and cities have restrictions on home burial of pets. Please check into your local laws.
2. Communal/Country cremation: Your pet is cremated with other pets and the ashes are spread in a rural country setting by Koefran's trusted staff off Eagles Nest Road in Rancho Cordova. Please pre-arrange for this service with Dr. Sara as she will need to transport your pet for country cremation. Transport fees are included in the figures below. Note: This services does not return your pet's ashes to you.
3. Private cremation: You may have your pet privately cremated. Each pet is individually cremated by Koefran's trusted staff and the remains are carefully gathered and placed in a beautiful cedar box. You pets remains will be returned to your home (via UPS) with a personalized memorial card and authenticated certificate of cremation, usually within 2-3 weeks of euthanasia. Please pre-arrange for this service with Dr. Sara as she will need to transport your pet for private cremation. Transport fees are included in the figures below.
Note 1: Dr. Sara can return you pet's ashes to you personally (versus using UPS) at a mutually convenient time but a second House Call fee (see above) will apply. Dr. Sara's personal delivery service is optional.
4. Optional cremation services: Dr. Sara offers two optional cremation services. They include a ceramic paw print keepsake from your beloved pet in various colors and/or two personalized lines of engraved text on the cedar box. These services are only offered in conjunction with cremation services.
* The number of engraved characters per line vary by the cedar box size. Please ask Dr. Sara for more information if you are interested in this service. The paw print color choices are pink, purple, turquoise, navy, green, black, and brown.
Burial & Cremation
"I'm really glad that we spoke with Dr. Sara. She answered all of our questions in a professional and caring manner. Not only was she very knowledgeable, but she explained things to us in terms we could understand over the phone."
Note: If you get Dr. Sara's voice mail, please leave your name, phone number and mention your Phone Consult purchase. She'll do her best to get back to you within a few hours, if not sooner. Thank you!
If you would like to consult with Dr. Sara regarding the possible euthanasia of your pet and/or alternative care options, she would be glad to discuss this with you in a personal and private (up to) 30 minute telephone conversation. Please click on the Buy Now button below to purchase your phone consultation session before calling Dr. Sara (8am-7pm, daily). It's about 1/2 the price of a traditional office visit at most clinics. Once purchased, you may call or text Dr. Sara at 530-306-5823.
1. House Call fee (based upon the driving distance to your home):
2. Euthanasia (sedation included):
3. Additional Emergency/Consult Fees (optional)
* The optional consult fee is for clients that wish for Dr. Sara to come to their house prior making the euthanasia decision (separate visit) to evaluate your pet. House Call fee applies.
Dr. Sara has developed a 3-part system that will help you SAVE money during these difficult times. Your cost is determined by 1) your house call fee, 2) the weight of your pet, and 3) any emergency/holiday fees (if applicable). All pets are fully sedated prior to euthanasia to ensure their peaceful passing.
Note: Many clinics and in-home services do not sedate your pet prior to euthanasia. This can lead a less than peaceful passing. Dr. Sara fully sedates your pet prior to euthanasia to ensure a peaceful passing.
First determine your house call fee (see #1 below). Your house call fee is based upon the one-way driving distance to your house. Please use Google Maps' driving distance estimator by clicking here. It's easy. Enter "2948 Countryside Drive, Placerville, CA 95667" into the From field and enter "your address" into the To field. Then press Get Distance. After your driving distance is shown, click on your browser's "back arrow" button twice to return to this web page. Use our House Call fee table (see #1 below) to determine the one-way driving distance cost to your house. Or, Dr. Sara can help you estimate your house call fee during your consultation.
Second, add in the Euthanasia fee (see #2 below) based upon your pet's weight. Third , add in any optional fees that may apply (see #3 below). That's your cost. We suspect that it's far less than the cost normally charged by most in-home euthanasia services. Plus, it's far less stressful for you and your pet as Dr. Sara fully sedates your pet prior to euthanasia for a peaceful passing.
To set-up a euthanasia appointment please text (preferred) or call Dr. Sara at 530-306-5823 from 8am until 7pm (daily). It is best to schedule your appointment a few days in advance to reduce stress on you and your pet. Plus, you'll avoid any emergency fees. Please be prepared to provide Dr. Sara with your physical address, phone number, your dog/cat's approximate weight, and at least two requested euthanasia dates and times. If you get Dr. Sara's voice mail, please leave her a message. She'll do her best to get back to you within a few hours, if not sooner. CASH payment is due at the time of service or PayPal/Credit Card + 4% at least 8 hours in advance.Checks are not accepted. Sorry...
Note: Dr. Sara can take PayPal, Visa, Mastercard and American Express payments at least 8 hours "in advance" of your appointment. A 4% fee is added to all payments to cover those costs charged to Dr. Sara by the processing agent. Please call Dr. Sara least 8 hours in advance of your appointment with your credit card information and/or to get her PayPal information.