"I'm really glad that we spoke with Dr. Sara. She answered all of our questions in a professional and caring manner. Not only was she very knowledgeable, but she explained things to us in terms we could understand over the phone."
Post-euthanasia cremation, paw print, and engraving services are also something that Dr. Sara can assist you with during these difficult times. It is important to consider "in advance" how you would like to take care of your pet’s remains. There are generally three options:
1. Self-burial: You may bury your pet on your own property in accordance with your local county and/or city codes. Please keep in mind most CC&R’s and cities have restrictions on home burial of pets. Please check into your local laws.
2. Communal/Country cremation: Your pet is cremated with other pets and the ashes are spread in a rural country setting by Koefran's trusted staff off Eagles Nest Road in Rancho Cordova. Please pre-arrange for this service with Dr. Sara as she will need to transport your pet for country cremation. Transport fees are included in the figures below. Note: This services does not return your pet's ashes to you.
3. Private cremation: You may have your pet privately cremated. Each pet is individually cremated by Koefran's trusted staff and the remains are carefully gathered and placed in a beautiful cedar box. You pets remains will be returned to your home (via UPS) with a personalized memorial card and authenticated certificate of cremation, usually within 2-3 weeks of euthanasia. Please pre-arrange for this service with Dr. Sara as she will need to transport your pet for private cremation. Transport fees are included in the figures below.
Note 1: Dr. Sara can return you pet's ashes to you personally (versus using UPS) at a mutually convenient time but a second House Call fee (see above) will apply. Dr. Sara's personal delivery service is optional.
4. Optional cremation services: Dr. Sara offers two optional cremation services. They include a ceramic paw print keepsake from your beloved pet in various colors and/or two personalized lines of engraved text on the cedar box. These services are only offered in conjunction with cremation services.
* The number of engraved characters per line vary by the cedar box size. Please ask Dr. Sara for more information if you are interested in this service. The paw print color choices are pink, purple, turquoise, navy, green, black, and brown.
If you would like to have an extended discussion (i.e. consultation) with Dr. Sara regarding the possible euthanasia of your pet and/or alternative senior pet care options, she would be glad to set up a personal and private 30 minute telephone consultation with you. This service is completely optional and is not required prior to setting up a euthanasia appointment. See section A above.
Please click on the Buy Now button below to purchase your phone consultation session. It's about 1/2 the price of a traditional office visit at most clinics. Once purchased, you may call or text Dr. Sara at 530-306-5823 from 8am-6pm (daily) including weekends for your extended phone consultation. If you get Dr. Sara's voice mail, please leave your name, phone number and mention your Phone Consultation purchase. She'll do her best to get back to you within a few hours, if not sooner. Thank you
Burial & Cremation
Thank you for considering Passing With Dignity to assist you and your pet during these difficult times. Dr. Sara Nadolski, DVM ("Dr. Sara") offers In-Home Euthanasia services, post-euthanasia Cremation, Paw Print, and Engraving services, and Phone Consultation services. Please see Sections A, B, and C below for more information.
1. House Call fee (based upon the driving distance to your home):
2. Euthanasia fee (full sedation included):
3. Additional fees (optional)
* The optional consult fee is for clients that wish for Dr. Sara to come to their house prior making the euthanasia decision (separate visit) to evaluate your pet. House Call fee applies. 4WD snow/mud chain fee - While very rare, if we need to put chains on our 4WD vehicle to reach your house, there is a $100 chain-up fee adder.
Dr. Sara has developed a 4-part system that will help you SAVE money during these difficult times. Your cost is determined by 1) your house call fee, 2) the weight of your pet, 3) optional/holiday fees, and 4) any personalized Services you might desire including communal or private cremation, engraving, and/or paw prints.
Note: Many clinics and in-home services do not sedate your pet prior to euthanasia. This can lead a less than peaceful passing. Dr. Sara fully sedates your pet prior to euthanasia to ensure a peaceful passing.
First determine your house call fee (see #1 below). Your house call fee is based upon the one-way driving distance to your house. Please use Google Maps' driving distance estimator by clicking here. It's easy. Enter "2948 Countryside Drive, Placerville, CA 95667" into the From field and enter "your address" into the To field. Then press Get Distance. After your driving distance is shown, click on your browser's "back arrow" button twice to return to this web page. Use our House Call fee table (see #1 below) to determine your house call fee. Or... Dr. Sara can help you estimate your house call fee when you schedule your appointment.
Second, add in the euthanasia fee (see #2 below) based upon your pet's weight. Full sedation and euthanasia are included. Third , add in any optional fees that may apply (e.g. holiday fee, credit card processing fee, etc). See #3 below. That's your euthanasia cost. We suspect that it's far less than the cost normally charged by most in-home euthanasia services and many clinics. Plus, it's far less stressful for you and your pet as Dr. Sara fully sedates your pet prior to euthanasia.
To set-up a euthanasia appointment please text (preferred) or call Dr. Sara at 530-306-5823 from 8am until 6pm (daily) including weekends. It is best to schedule your appointment a few days in advance, if possible, to reserve your preferred time and date. But, we fully understand that emergencies do happen. We do not charge extra for an emergency euthanasia from 8am until 6pm daily (excluding holidays) provided that Dr. Sara is available. Note: After hours euthanasia services are not offered.
Please be prepared to provide Dr. Sara with your physical address, phone number, your dog/cat's approximate weight, and at least two requested euthanasia dates and times. If you get Dr. Sara's voice mail, please leave her a message. She'll do her best to get back to you within a few hours, if not sooner. CASH payment is due at the time of service (no fee) or PayPal/Credit Card + 4% processing fee in advance of euthanasia.Checks are not accepted. Sorry...
Note: Dr. Sara can take PayPal, Visa, Mastercard and American Express payments "in advance" of your appointment. A 4% fee is added to all payments to cover those costs charged to Dr. Sara by the processing agent. Please provide Dr. Sara with your credit card information in advance of your appointment or call/text to get her PayPal payment information.