Cremation, paw print, and engraving services are also something that Dr. Sara can assist you with during these difficult times. It is important to consider "in advance" how you would like to take care of your pet’s remains. There are generally three options:
1. Self-burial: You may bury your pet on your own property in accordance with your local county and/or city codes. Please keep in mind most CC&R’s and cities have restrictions on home burial of pets. Recommendation: Your pet needs to be buried with at least three (3) feet of soil on top of it meaning the hole needs to be at least four (4) feet deep to prevent other animals from digging up your pet. Please check into your local laws as they may have additional burial requirements.
2. Communal/Country cremation: Your pet is cremated with other pets and the ashes are spread in a rural country setting by Koefran's (crematorium) trusted staff. Please pre-arrange for this service with Dr. Sara as she will need to transport your pet for country cremation. Transport fees are included in the figures below. This is a very acceptable and cost effective alternative to self-burial (above). Note: This services does not return your pet's ashes to you but they are spread in a very pleasant environment by Koefran's trusted staff.
3. Private cremation: Your pet is individually cremated by Koefran's (crematorium) trusted staff. Their remains are carefully gathered and placed in a beautiful cedar box. You pet's remains will be returned to your home via UPS (signature required for your pet's safety) with a personalized memorial card and authenticated certificate of cremation, usually within 2-3 weeks of euthanasia. Please pre-arrange for this service with Dr. Sara as she will need to transport your pet for private cremation. Transportation fees are included in the figures below.
Note: One of Dr. Sara's staff members can return you pet's ashes to you personally (versus using UPS) at a mutually convenient time but a second House Call fee (see Section A1 above) will apply.
4. Engraving and paw print services: Dr. Sara offers two optional cremation services. They include a ceramic paw print keepsake from your beloved pet in various colors and/or two personalized lines of engraved text on the cedar box. These services are only offered in conjunction with cremation services listed above.
* Maximum 25 characters, including spaces, per line for cedar box engraving. The paw print color choices are pink, purple, turquoise, navy, green, black, and brown on a white ceramic background.
5. If your pet has recently passed (w/o euthanasia), Dr. Sara offers the cremation services listed above via a drop-off or pick-up service "if" time/availability permits. For drop-off services, the deceased pet handling fee is $75.00 in addition to the cost of Koefran's cremation services listed above. For pick-up services, the cost is the House Call fee (i.e. mileage) listed in Section A1 above plus the $75.00 deceased pet handling fee and the cost of Koefran's cremation services. Cash or credit card only. Please call/text 530-306-5823 to arrange for these services immediately after your pet's passing. We will do our best to assist you and your pet during these difficult times.
"I'm really glad that we spoke with Dr. Sara. She answered all of our questions in a professional and caring manner. Not only was she very knowledgeable, but she explained things to us in terms we could understand over the phone."
Cremation and Burial
Thank you for considering Passing With Dignity to assist you and your pet during these difficult times. Dr. Sara Nadolski, DVM ("Dr. Sara") offers In-Home Euthanasia, Cremation, Paw Print, Engraving, and Phone Consultation services. Please see Sections A, B, and C below for more information.
If you would like to have a discussion (i.e. consultation) with Dr. Sara regarding pain management options, the possible euthanasia of your pet, and/or need a written prescription (Rx) for your pet, she would be glad to set up a personal and private 30 minute telephone consultation with you. Consults are available Thursday-Tuesday at 8:00am and 8:30am (30 minutes each). This service is completely optional and is not required prior to setting up a euthanasia appointment. See section A above.
Please click on the Buy Now button below to purchase your phone consultation and/or written pet prescription (Rx) request. Once purchased, please text (preferred) or call Dr. Sara at 530-306-5823 to reserve your preferred consultation date/time (Thursday-Tuesday: 8:00am or 8:30am). If you get Dr. Sara's voice mail, please leave your name, phone number and mention your Phone Consultation purchase. We'll do our best to get back to you within a few hours to confirm your consultation date/time. Thank you!
Hours of Operation
Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues: 8am-5pm
Appointments at 10am, 12pm, 2pm & 4pm. Phone consults: 8am and 8:30am. Call or text (530) 306-5823 to request an appointment or to schedule a consult.
Note: Emergencies, after-hours appointments (5pm -7pm), and extended area services (> 25 miles) are available for an additional fee "if" time permits.
1. House Call fee (based upon the one-way driving distance to your home):
2. Euthanasia fee (full sedation included):
3. Additional fees (optional)
* The optional in-home consult fee is for clients that wish for Dr. Sara to come to their house prior making the euthanasia decision (separate visit) to evaluate your pet. House Call fee applies.
Dr. Sara has developed a 4-part system that will help you SAVE money during these difficult times. Your cost is determined by 1) the mileage to your house (i.e. House Call fee), 2) the weight of your pet, 3) any emergency/after-hours fees, and 4) any personalized services you might desire including communal or private cremation, paw prints, and/or engraving.
Note: Many clinics and in-home services do not sedate your pet prior to euthanasia. This can lead a less than peaceful passing. Dr. Sara fully sedates your pet prior to euthanasia to ensure a peaceful passing.
First determine your house call fee. Your house call fee is based upon the one-way driving distance in miles to your house. The first 15 miles are included in the $75 (base) house call fee. For additional miles, add $25 for every 5 miles or portion thereof (e.g. 16-20 miles = $100 house call fee). See below. Note: Somerset, Fairplay, and Mt Aukum are considered "extended areas" ($150 minimum house call fee) due to travel time.
Please use Google Maps' driving distance estimator by clicking here. It's easy. Enter "2948 Countryside Drive, Placerville, CA 95667" into the From field and enter "your address" into the To field. Then press Get Distance. After your driving distance is shown (e.g. 9.1 miles), click on your browser's "back arrow" button twice to return to this web page. Use our House Call fee table (see #1 below) to determine your mileage-based house call fee. Or... one of our staff members can determine your house call fee when scheduling your appointment. Note: We no longer service the Swansboro, Georgetown and Grizzly Flat areas. Sorry.
Second, add in the sedation and euthanasia fee (see #2 below) based upon your pet's weight. Full sedation and euthanasia are included. Third, add in any optional fees that may apply (e.g. same day emergency/after-hours fees, etc). See #3 below. Fourth, add in any optional services that you would like for your pet (e.g. private cremation, paw print, etc) See Section B below.
To set-up a euthanasia appointment please text (preferred) or call Dr. Sara's office at 530-306-5823 from 8am-5pm (Thursday-Tuesday) to request/reserve your preferred appointment date and time. We are closed on Wednesday. It is best to schedule your appointment a few days in advance if possible. But, we fully understand that emergencies do happen. We will try our best to accommodate emergencies "if" time available.
When you call or text, please provide us with your physical address, phone number, your dog/cat's approximate weight and description, and at least two requested euthanasia dates and times. If you get our voice mail, please leave us a message. We will get back to you within the hour, if not sooner. CASH payment is due at the time of service (no fee) or PayPal/Credit Card + 4% processing fee in advance of services. Call 530-306-5823. Checks are not accepted.