Thank you for considering SRN Veterinary Services to assist with the passing of your beloved pet and/or for general animal care-related questions. To assist you in caring for your pets, Dr. Sara Nadolski, DVM ("Dr. Sara") offers Phone Consultation services, In-Home Euthanasia services and post-euthanasia Burial & Cremation services. Please see the three sections below for more information. Note: To request Dr. Sara's free "Euthanasia, when will I know it is time?" article, please click on the Contact Us button (left side). We will email it to you.
Post-euthanasia burial and cremation services are (also) something that Dr. Sara can assist you with during these difficult times. It is important to consider "in advance" how you would like to take care of your pet’s remains. There are generally three options:
1. Self-burial: You may bury your pet on your own property in accordance with your local county and/or city codes. Keep in mind most CC&R’s have restrictions on home burial of pets. Please check into your local laws.
2. Communal/Country cremation: Your pet is cremated with other pets and the ashes are spread in a rural country setting by Koefran's trusted staff off Eagles Nest Road in Rancho Cordova. Please pre-arrange for this service with Dr. Sara as she will need to transport your pet for country cremation. Transport fee included below. This services does not return your pets ashes to you.
3. Private cremation: You may have your pet privately cremated. Each pet is individually cremated by Koefran's trusted staff. The cremains are carefully gathered and placed in a beautiful cedar box. You pets remains will be returned to your home (via UPS) with a personalized memorial card and authenticated certificate of cremation, usually within 2-3 weeks of euthanasia. Please pre-arrange for this service with Dr. Sara as she will need to transport your pet for private cremation. Transportation fees are included in the figures below.
Note: Dr. Sara (via Koefran) provides some optional memorabilia services including an engraved cedar box with pet photo, ceramic paw print keepsake and personalized markers. You are welcome to ask Dr. Sara about these optional services when you speak with her.
Note: If you get Dr. Sara's voice mail, please leave your name, phone number and mention your Phone Consult purchase. She'll do her best to get back to you ASAP. She's probably assisting another client. Thank you!
"I'm really glad that we spoke with Dr. Sara. She answered all of our questions in a professional and caring manner. Not only was she very knowledgeable, but she explained things to us in terms we could understand over the phone."
If you would like to speak with Dr. Sara regarding the possible euthanasia of your pet, alternative care options, or general pet-related questions, she would be glad to discuss your options in a personal and private (up to) 30 minute telephone conversation. Please click on the Buy Now button below to purchase your phone consultation session before calling Dr. Sara (8am-7pm, daily). It's about 1/2 the price of a traditional office visit. Once purchased, you may call or text Dr. Sara at 530-306-5823.
Traditionally, in-home euthanasia services can cost $400-$450. However, Dr. Sara has developed a 3-part system that will help you SAVE money during these difficult times. Your cost is determined by 1) your House Call fee, 2) the weight of your pet, and 3) any emergency/holiday fees (if applicable). All pets are fully sedated prior to euthanasia to ensure their peaceful passing in your arms. Note: Many clinics and in-home services do not sedate your pet prior to euthanasia. This can lead a less than peaceful passing. Dr. Sara fully sedates your pet prior to euthanasia.
To approximate your costs, first determine your House Call fee. Your House Call fee is based upon the one-way driving distance to your house. Please use Google Maps' driving distance estimator by clicking here. It's easy. Enter "3451 Stagecoach Road, Placerville, CA 95667" into the From field and enter "your address" into the To field. Then press Get Distance. After your driving distance is shown, click on your browser's "back arrow" button to return to this web page. Use our House Call fee table (see #1 below) to determine the one-way driving distance cost to your house.
Second, add in the Euthanasia fee (see #2 below) based upon your pet's weight. Third , add in any optional fees that may apply (see #3 below). That's your cost. We suspect that it's far less than the $400-$450 normally charged by most in-home euthanasia services. Plus, it's far less stressful for you and your pet as Dr. Sara fully sedates your pet prior to euthanasia in the comfort of your own home.
To set-up a euthanasia appointment please text (preferred) or call Dr. Sara at 530-306-5823 from 8am until 7pm (daily). It is always best to schedule your appointment a few days in advance to reduce stress and emergency fees. Please be prepared to provide Dr. Sara with your physical address, phone number, your dog/cat's approximate weight, and at least two requested euthanasia dates and times. If you get Dr. Sara's voice mail, please leave her a message. She'll do her best to get back to you ASAP. She's probably assisting another client. CASH payment is due at the time of euthanasia services. Dr. Sara does not accept checks. Sorry...
Note: Dr. Sara can take Visa, Mastercard and American Express payments "if" you have cellular service at your house. A 3% fee is charged for credit card payments to cover those costs charged to Dr. Sara.
1. House Call fee (based upon the driving distance to your home):
2. Euthanasia (sedative included):
3. Additional Emergency/Consult Fees (optional)
* The optional consultation fee is for clients that wish for Dr. Sara to come to their house prior making the euthanasia decision (separate visit) to evaluate your pet. House Call fee applies.
Burial & Cremation