Dr. Sara has developed a 4-part system that will help you SAVE money during these difficult times. Your cost is determined by 1) your house call fee, 2) the weight of your pet, 3) any emergency/holiday fees, and 4) any personalized Services you might desire including communal or private cremation, paw prints, and/or engraving.
Note: Many clinics and in-home services do not sedate your pet prior to euthanasia. This can lead a less than peaceful passing. Dr. Sara fully sedates your pet prior to euthanasia to ensure a peaceful passing.
First determine your house call fee. Your house call fee is based upon the one-way driving distance in miles to your house. Please use Google Maps' driving distance estimator by clicking here. It's easy. Enter "2948 Countryside Drive, Placerville, CA 95667" into the From field and enter "your address" into the To field. Then press Get Distance. After your driving distance is shown (e.g. 9.1 miles), click on your browser's "back arrow" button twice to return to this web page. Use our House Call fee table (see #1 below) to determine your mileage-based house call fee. Or... one of our staff members can estimate your house call fee when scheduling your appointment.
Note: Due to the rising cost of fuel and transport times we are no longer serving Swansboro, Georgetown, Somerset, Mt. Aukum and Plymouth areas. Sorry. Please consult your local vet. Thank you!
Second, add in the sedation and euthanasia fee (see #2 below) based upon your pet's weight. Full sedation and euthanasia are included. Third, add in any optional fees that may apply (e.g. emergency/holiday fee, etc). See #3 below. Fourth, add in any optional services that you would like for your pet (e.g. private cremation, paw print, etc) See Section B below. That's your cost.
To set-up a euthanasia appointment please text (preferred) or call Dr. Sara's office at 530-306-5823 seven days a week from 8am-6pm (Monday-Sunday) to request/reserve your preferred appointment date and time. It's best to schedule your appointment a few days in advance if possible. But, we fully understand that emergencies do happen. Note: A $50 after hours emergency fee applies "if" time available.
Please provide Dr. Sara with your physical address, phone number, your dog/cat's approximate weight and description, and at least two requested euthanasia dates and times. If you get Dr. Sara's voice mail, please leave her a message. We'll do our best to get back to you within a few hours, if not sooner. CASH payment is due at the time of service (no fee) or PayPal/Credit Card + 4% processing fee in advance of euthanasia. Call 530-306-5823 for pre-payments. Checks are not accepted. Sorry...
If you would like to have an extended discussion (i.e. consultation) with Dr. Sara regarding the possible euthanasia of your pet, alternative senior pet care options, pain management options, and/or need a written prescription (Rx) for your pet, she would be glad to set up a personal and private 30 minute telephone consultation with you. Consults are available Monday-Sunday at 8:00am and 8:30am (30 minutes each). This service is completely optional and is not required prior to setting up a euthanasia appointment. See section A above.
Please click on the Buy Now button below to purchase your phone consultation and/or written pet prescription (Rx) request. Once purchased, please text (preferred) or call Dr. Sara at 530-306-5823 to reserve your preferred consultation date/time (Monday-Sunday: 8:00am or 8:30am). If you get Dr. Sara's voice mail, please leave your name, phone number and mention your Phone Consultation purchase. We'll do our best to get back to you within a few hours to confirm your consultation date/time. Thank you!
"I'm really glad that we spoke with Dr. Sara. She answered all of our questions in a professional and caring manner. Not only was she very knowledgeable, but she explained things to us in terms we could understand over the phone."
Thank you for considering Passing With Dignity to assist you and your pet during these difficult times. Dr. Sara Nadolski, DVM ("Dr. Sara") offers In-Home Euthanasia services, post-euthanasia Cremation, Paw Print, and Engraving services, and Phone Consultation services. Please see Sections A, B, and C below for more information.
Burial & Cremation
Hours of Operation
Appointments at 10am, 12pm, 2pm & 4pm. Phone consults: 8am and 8:30am. Call or text (530) 306-5823 to request an appointment or to schedule a consult.
1. House Call fee (based upon the driving distance to your home):
2. Euthanasia fee (full sedation included):
3. Additional fees (optional)
* The optional in-home consult fee is for clients that wish for Dr. Sara to come to their house prior making the euthanasia decision (separate visit) to evaluate your pet. House Call fee applies. 4WD snow/mud chain fee: While very rare, if we need to put chains on our 4WD vehicle to reach your house, there is a $100 chain-up fee (adder).
Post-euthanasia cremation, paw print, and engraving services are also something that Dr. Sara can assist you with during these difficult times. It is important to consider "in advance" how you would like to take care of your pet’s remains. There are generally three options:
1. Self-burial: You may bury your pet on your own property in accordance with your local county and/or city codes. Please keep in mind most CC&R’s and cities have restrictions on home burial of pets. Recommendation: Your pet needs to be buried with at least three (3) feet of soil on top of it meaning the hole needs to be at least four (4) feet deep to prevent other animals from digging up your pet. Please check into your local laws as they may have additional burial requirements.
2. Communal/Country cremation: Your pet is cremated with other pets and the ashes are spread in a rural country setting by Koefran's trusted staff off Eagles Nest Road in Rancho Cordova. Please pre-arrange for this service with Dr. Sara as she will need to transport your pet for country cremation. Transport fees are included in the figures below. This is a very acceptable and cost effective alternative to self-burial (above). Note: This services does not return your pet's ashes to you but they are spread in a very pleasant environment.
3. Private cremation: Your pet is individually cremated by Koefran's trusted staff. Their remains are carefully gathered and placed in a beautiful cedar box. You pet's remains will be returned to your home (via UPS) with a personalized memorial card and authenticated certificate of cremation, usually within 2-3 weeks of euthanasia. Please pre-arrange for this service with Dr. Sara as she will need to transport your pet for private cremation. Transportation fees are included in the figures below.
Note 1: Dr. Sara can return you pet's ashes to you personally (versus using UPS) at a mutually convenient time but a second House Call fee (see above) will apply. Dr. Sara's personal delivery service is optional.
4. Optional cremation services: Dr. Sara offers two optional cremation services. They include a ceramic paw print keepsake from your beloved pet in various colors and/or two personalized lines of engraved text on the cedar box. These services are only offered in conjunction with cremation services.
* Maximum 25 characters, including spaces, per line for cedar box engraving. The paw print color choices are pink, purple, turquoise, navy, green, black, and brown on a white ceramic background.