If you would like to discuss your pet's quality of life, pain management or the possible euthanasia of your pet, Dr. Sara would be glad to set up a phone consultation or an at home consultation with you. Phone consults with Dr. Sara are available Thursday through Monday at 8:15am for up to 45 minutes. The cost is $60. At home (mobile) consults are available Thursday through Monday at 10am, 1pm and 3pm for $125 plus the mileage-based house call fee listed in Section A1 above.
Many clients find these discussions very useful in helping them to determine the right course of action for their pet. This service is completely optional and is not required prior to setting up a euthanasia appointment. See section A above.
To set-up a phone or in-home consultation please text or call Dr. Sara at 530-306-5823 to reserve your preferred date and time. If you get Dr. Sara's voice mail, please leave your name, phone number and mention your phone or in-home consultation request. We'll do our best to get back to you within a few hours to confirm your consultation date/time. Thank you!
To set-up a euthanasia appointment please text or call Dr. Sara's office at 530-306-5823 from 8am-5pm (closed Tues & Wed less emergencies, if available) to request/reserve your preferred appointment date and time. It is best to schedule your appointment a few days in advance if possible. But, we fully understand that emergencies do happen. When you call or text, please provide us with your address, phone number, your dog/cat's approximate weight and description, and at least two requested euthanasia dates and times.
Thank you for considering Passing With Dignity to assist you and your pet during these difficult times. Dr. Sara has developed a 3-part system tailored to meet your specific needs. Your cost is determined by 1) the one-way driving distance to your home, 2) the weight of your pet, and 3) any after-care services that you desire. See Sections A & B (below).
Cremation and Burial
"I'm really glad that we spoke with Dr. Sara. She answered all of our questions in a professional and caring manner. Not only was she very knowledgeable, but she explained things to us in terms we could understand over the phone."
Open 8am-5pm: Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, & Monday (Closed Tues & Wed). Call or text: 530-306-5823
At home euthanasia appointments offered at 10am, 1pm and 3pm (Thursday-Monday). Phone consults offered at 8:15am.
1. House Call fee:
2. Euthanasia fee (includes pre-sedation using high-quality medications):
* Note: If you live on a gravel/dirt/snow road, please let Dr. Sara know in advance as she normally drives a rather low-clearance Honda Accord. She does have access to a truck if known in advance. If she drives her Accord and encounters a gravel/dirt/snow road she will return to the office and you will be charged for the house call fee and the appointment cancellation fee (min $125) and will need to reschedule your appointment for another day. Sorry.
It is important to consider "in advance" how you would like to take care of your pet’s remains post euthanasia. There are generally three options: Self-burial, communal or private cremation via the traditional flame-based cremation method or via the industry's latest water-based aquamation method. It's your choice. Same price.
Note: Aquamation is the latest water-based cremation service now offered by Passing With Dignity. Aquamation reduces carbon emissions by approximately 75% as it uses water vs fire to cremate your pet. Aquamation is the greenist of cremation technologies. Cleaner and greener... To see a short video on aquamation please click here. Through negotiated agreements with our partners, Passing With Dignity now offers both aquamation and traditional cremation services for the same price. It's your choice.
1. Self-burial: You may bury your pet on your own property in accordance with your local county, city and HOA rules. Please keep in mind that most localities have restrictions on home burial of pets. If your local codes allow home burial, please bury your pet at least four (4) feet deep and at least 200 feet from any ground water source (e.g. creek, stream, pond, lake, well, etc). Please check into your local laws as they may have additional burial requirements.
2. Communal cremation or aquamation: Your pet is cremated or aquamated with other pets. Their remains are respectfully spread in a rural country setting by our partner's trusted staff. This is a very acceptable and cost effective alternative to self-burial (above). Please pre-arrange for this service with Dr. Sara as she will need to transport your pet for cremation. Transport fees are included in the figures below. Note: This services does not return your pet's remains to you but they are spread in a very pleasant environment by our partner's trusted staff.
3. Private cremation or aquamation: Your pet is individually cremated or aquamated. Their remains are carefully gathered and placed in a beautiful cedar or rosewood chest and returned to your home via UPS Signature Service with a personalized memorial card and authenticated certificate of cremation, usually within 3 weeks of euthanasia. Please pre-arrange for this service with Dr. Sara as she will need to transport your pet for cremation. UPS Signature Service home delivery and transport fees are included in the figures below ($40 Value).
- UPS Signature Service delivery included ($40 Value)
4. Paw print services: If you pet is cremated via the traditional flame-based method you can order a very nice fire-glazed ceramic paw print highlighted in various colors*. If you pet is cremated via private aquamation, for a LIMITED TIME, you will received a FREE laser-etched paw print image of your pet's paw on alderwood. These services are only offered in conjunction with the cremation services listed above.
* Ceramic paw print color choices are pink, purple, turquoise, navy, green, black, and brown on a glazed white ceramic background. ** FREE alderwood laser-etched paw print is only available for private aquamation clients.
5. Decease pet service: If your pet has recently passed (w/o euthanasia), Dr. Sara offers the cremation and aquamation services listed above via a drop-off or pick-up service if time/availability permits. For drop-off services, the deceased pet handling fee is $75.00 in addition to the cost of the cremation services listed above. For pick-up services, the cost is the House Call fee (i.e. mileage) listed in Section A1 above plus the $75.00 deceased pet handling fee and the cost of the cremation service selected. Please call or text 530-306-5823 to arrange for these services immediately after your pet's passing. We will do our best to assist you and your pet during these difficult times.